Thursday, January 12, 2012

Green Onion Risotto

Have you ever watched Hell's Kitchen? I have and I love it! Well on the show they are always making Risotto. Even having an Italian Grandma, I've never had Risotto. So I decided to put that to an end tonight and boy am I glad I did! I had no idea how amazingly good Risotto is. I took a basic recipe and added several things to it and made it my own. If your looking for a creamy yummy comfort food this recipe is for you.

Green Onion Risotto
6-8 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons butter
2 bunches green onions (chopped and separated)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
Handful of mushrooms (chopped)
4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
2 cups arborio rice
1 cup white cooking wine
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese

1-Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add white parts of green onions, red bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook until soft about 6 min.








2-Add rice and saute so butter cooks into rice about 3 min.










3-Add wine and garlic and cook stirring frequently until most of liquid is absorbed.

4- Add 6-8 cups of chicken broth 1 cup at a time, cooking until almost all broth is absorbed before adding more, stirring frequently, until rice is tender but still firm, about 20 min.





5-Stir in green parts of sliced green onions, Parmesan, mascarpone. Add more broth by 1/4 cupfuls as needed if dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.








6-Plate your risotto and sprinkle remaining green onions on top. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I knew this was NOT Lisa's when i saw the plate full of veggies and ONIONS!!! (ha ha) Colorful, gorgeous, I bet it tastes awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I'm going to surprise you all!

      Delete