Sunday, May 13, 2012
Mother's Day Flower Magnets
Happy Mother's Day everyone!
I've made some flowers that will never wilt and can look pretty on your fridge all year round. Here's a little tutorial if you'd like to make some for yourself.
8" x 12" piece of fabric
needle and thread
1. Cut fabric into five 3-1/2" squares.
2. Fold one square in half diagonally and sew a running stitch around the non-diagonal edges.
3. Gather triangle into a petal.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for all five squares.
5. After all five petals are gathered then close the circle by stitching the first petal to the last petal.
6. Use the glue gun to attach a magnet to the back of the flower.
7. Sew a few stitches through the holes in the button to give the illusion that you've sewn the button to the flower, and then just glue it on.
I'm usually a purist and will choose to spend the time to attach just about anything with a needle and thread before I'll submit to using glue. This is one of the rare occasions where I feel that hot glue is simply the way to go.
Maybe, if you're lucky, you'll find one of these in your mailbox.
Happy Mother's Day!