Friday, February 15, 2013
Happy Valentine's Day!
Mabel and Stella passed out these little notebooks for Valentine's Day today. We chose some clip art and then created a layout with four book covers per page. I used my sewing machine to bind the books.
If you'd like to make your own valentine's books, you can download a pdf of the book cover page. (I've left off the names at the bottom for the download.)
1. Print your booklet covers on card stock to make a sturdier cover.
2. Stack up four or five blank pages behind the cover and use a binder clip to hold them together.
3. Use a longer stitch length on your sewing machine and sew down the left side of each picture. There are little grey sewing lines printed on the page for you to follow.
4. Cut along the remaining grey lines to separate each booklet. I used my ruler and rotary cutter and it made the job super easy.
5. Fold each booklet along the stitching line, trim the edges to make them neat and you're done!
We also used Heidi's Clover Crayon idea to melt down some crayons from our vast supply of broken ones and made little heart shaped crayons to go along with each book.