Saturday, February 25, 2012

Time to Get Your Garlic On!

Ok, so I made this dip from a mix.  But it was a really good mix and definitely worth trying to make fresh from scratch.  I just have to figure out how.  We found Judi's Best Garlic Butter Olive Oil Dip when we were looking at nifty new RV's at an RV show a couple of weeks ago.  We walked away from the RV's but could not pass up on this delicious dip.  The vendor had a display with tester samples spread out for everyone to try.  It tastes really great on a piece of freshly baked bread.


The ingredient list includes garlic, onion, sea salt, spices, dried butter and natural flavorings.  The directions say to mix the package with 2 - 3 tablespoons of water and let sit for five minutes.  Then add 3/4 to 1 cup of olive oil and mix together.  There is a LOT of garlic in this dip.  I'm pretty sure that there's at least parsley and black pepper, maybe some red pepper too.  It's got a nice kick to it.


If I can't figure out how to make up a fresh batch of this, then I might just find myself buying this dip again.  It was that good.

3 comments:

  1. That would be fun to figure out the mix--I bet they used that popcorn butter/salt, and it looks so green, maybe dried spinach? Looks good--I'll trade you some hummus for some garlic butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to put that on my popcorn too!! That sounds sooooo delicious right now. I need a great movie and great popcorn and great company! Anyone want to come over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garlic Butter....Fresh Baked Bread....life just does not get any better!!! You really need to invite me over some time! :)

    ReplyDelete