Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Dip


3/4 c. thawed frozen strawberries or fresh
1/2 avocado 
2 dates (optional, just add more sweetener if you don't have these)
1/4 c. maple syrup or honey
1 heaping T. cocoa powder
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. yogurt ( I used plain soy yogurt)
1 T. psyllium seed (optional- I added this because the yogurt I made was realllllly runny. This just thickens it. 


Place all the ingredients in the blender and process until smooth. The avocado sounds weird, but, it creates that fluffy smooth texture and is full of great nutrition! I think I will double this recipe next time. I hardly left any for Noah! It was goooooood!
 I was doing some reading on white sugar and found some information that was so interesting. Here's the link http://macrobiotics.co.uk/sugar.htm . It talked about when we take in white sugar, since it has been stripped of all of it's minerals and vitamins, our bodies leech the necessary vitamins and minerals from ourselves in order to process it through. It takes vitamin B's and calcium and other things. They linked that to osteoporosis.  I have had calcium problems in my life. Probably all the yummy chocolate treats and goodies I like to eat. So to find out that natural sugars have their minerals and vitamins in them to help process in my body, I have a great incentive to use them! This concoction of mine turned out great! It can be eaten as a pudding or dip to your favorite fruits. If you left the cocoa out, you would have a nice strawberry dip to add to a fruit salad! Hope you enjoy! 
While I was working on this, I looked over at Noah. He had opened the bag of mangoes I was going to use and was creating his own recipe! He knows what he is doing and is so proud to be a part of it! This morning I was so tired. I got up and to my surprise, he had climbed out of bed and was playing in the kitchen, filling my blender and grinder full of toys! I can hear this siren going off in my head "Watch Out! His brain is turned on!"

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good--and such a plain and simple reason to stay away from white sugar whenever we can. By the way, look on the ingredients on your ketchup bottle--great incentive to make it yourself, and it really is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little Noah is too cute!!! And that chocolate mousse looks sooo smooth and yummy I can't help but think how good it would be as a cake filling.

    ReplyDelete