Friday, April 6, 2012

Circles, Ruffles & Satin

You guessed it--Regional Dance Festival!

I think Lisa and I are working on similar circles and deadlines this week--lots of circles, yards of hemming and more satin than a wedding dress!




Lots of surging...




A few alterations..












A few midnight hours..
But finally, the last fitting, the last hem and ruffle--delivered this afternoon. I am actually sitting at my kitchen table and there's not three sewing machines and stacks of satin on it. How sweet it is!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Cinco de Mayo comes to mind. Can't say I want one, but they are certainly vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow Mom, that's a lot of ruffles!!!! No wonder you haven't slept. You are amazing! Is this like the dance festival Jim, Lisa, and Val were in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just like it. Only when I was making Jim's and Lisa's and Val's costumes, I was in the middle of JCPenney's design order for 17 new fashions for the 1987 catalog--talk about sleepless. First I completed the dance festival costumes, those were priority, and then I worked five days and nights straight, watching the sun come up and go down as I worked on JCPenney's final design proofs. And then the model shoot I did just before I packed everything up and put it on an overnight plane to arrive in New York the following morning--Whew, makes me tired all over again. These circles were pretty mild in comparison.

    ReplyDelete